Why....

So, I've had a few emails asking why I haven't been painting.  I thought I'd share a photo montage of why... we are in the process of wrecking, I mean renovating our house!

I have been keeping photo diary of the process, which is beyond dirty!

Here we are in the kitchen with our nephew Slade getting ready to knock down some walls.  These walls used to house the full bath. I am inside the old bathroom, while my husband pretends to hammer drill my head! So romantic!

Here we stand victorious on the rubble pile after we tore down those walls.

Unfortunately we had to haul the rubble outside later, we don't have the photos of us victorious after that, because we were beat! (Our dog Guisseppe is in the back trying to figure out what the heck is going on!)

This weekend my folks came down to finish the demo and refurbish the stone wall that will be the focal point of our kitchen.  We first tore down the ceiling, so gross, and then got started cleaning the stone face.

My mom with the hammer drill showing that wall who's boss!

Anyway, the renovations create too much dust and  make paintings difficult to keep clean right now.  Once we're finished, I'm sure I'll get back into the painting groove!